Wednesday, January 17, 2007

The best laid plans...

First, I want to say that the I had outs girls run a fine, fine, tournament.

To Jordan: let's just make it clear that there was no way I was going to fold JJ, no matter what I put your range on - I would have called the raise, hit the flop like a drunk to a bottle and gotten my double up there. And you'd be surprised what I was raising with - I think the only time I was annoyed that you reraised me was when I had a hand I had to actually think about playing. :D

To Dawn, Alceste, and anyone else who fell prey to my unusually donkish ways: turns out the best way to accumulate chips is to play like Jordan! Errrr, I mean to play pretty loosely because you NEED to get to the train stations before the last one leaves the station so you start calling any short stack with pretty much anything and you start raising every two hands. .... hmmm maybe the Jordan crack isn't too out of line ... Anyway - if you are trying to bust, you will win every time you're behind and accumulate chips. [And yet, I'm too much of a competitor to play EVERY hand, hmm]

To Jordan, Toby, Karen and Matt - thanks for being sports about the deal and letting me get home safely [I'm on the train into NYC again so I can't do linkies I don't have memorized]

love,
the suckout princess, who will be driving in next time, despite the pain of finding parking.

3 Comments:

At 8:26 AM, Blogger Jordan said...

Oh Maigrey. I didn't mean any offense. I didn't think you should have folded the JJ at all, and I don't blame you for the luck of the cards. I guess I mentioned that you hesitated before calling with JJ and that I knew you think I play a wide range, but that was more about what I was thinking at the time and my hope that you would call me with a more marginal hand.

 
At 11:41 AM, Blogger Alceste said...

I, however, am still bitter :)

(And in actuality, it really wasn't even a bad call - it's just the way that it played out that made it fun...)

I've always been able to find parking of some kind out there within a block of the apt - a couple of circles of the block and something generally open up...

 
At 8:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to see your trip home was a safe one.

As mentioned above, we've found pretty good parking on "that street" around the corner from Dawn's. I don't know the exact street name, but it's sort of a main street with stores and lights and stuff. Not bad...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home