Thursday, January 04, 2007

Triple Draw Tournaments

I got the heads up that Poker Stars is running Triple Draw Tournaments, so DiscoStacks and I checked one out last night. 

I'm sorry to say that the verdict is: The SUCK.  There is just not enough play in the game for the number of chips you get (T$1500), and the blinds move at the same level and timeframe as HE - the problem is, you don't get good hands as often in TDL as you do in HE, so after an hour if you haven't gotten monsters, you get horked with a short stack.

Save your money for now, try again if they modify the structure to have more chips - I think running it as a doublestack tournament would be the best way to do it - $3000 chips is about right.

But at least this hasn't happened to me...

[Also, I highly recommend semagic as a blogger posting client (it does LJ too)]

3 Comments:

At 2:08 PM, Blogger Jordan said...

FYI, I find the same to be true in Razz (and sometimes HORSE) tournaments, although I still stupidly play them. The HE blind structure is just not doable on these games.

 
At 2:09 PM, Blogger Heather said...

Yes, but they upped the starting stack in HORSE to 1800 on stars, and on FT the blinds don't seem as bad.

 
At 7:17 AM, Blogger Alceste said...

Only 60 people in the one last night (I ultimately had to pass) - I definitely want to give it a try over the weekend though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home