Tuesday, December 12, 2006

What I did on my Vegas Vacation

by the princess

In bullet form, because that's how I roll:
  • got incredibly schnockered at the MGM

  • stacked daddy with 24d on a Kd 3s 5d board

  • made Joe Speaker back his $100 at HORSE

  • (i'm now currently wondering why I didn't play at the MGM with my money)

  • paigow round 1 with garth and EZ, Grubby (who wanted to marry Myung), and Gary

  • Gary - who was even more of an Ironman than Garth OR I

  • Blackjack with BobbyBlackjack, StB and Garth - gimme the hognut baby!

  • 3/6 Limit with Marty and Chilly, who for a twist on the usual, pwned me. Snif.

  • meeting a dealer (Gary! Taj, you know who I mean!) who used to deal in Indiana

  • Dinner with April (TX), The Heads, Maudie, and Gracie at Bouchon, with divine scallops

  • MORE crazy Paigow with Garth, Tommy, and other bloggers I cannot remember because I was inebriated - speak up now to help my memory

  • Irish Jim! (See, I remembered your name)

  • Garth and his Cher-elvis imitations (yes, he knows all the words)

  • Elaine the most awesome pit boss ever - "hey wait, she has a flush!"

  • Garth deciding to write a Paigow blog, with his many coined phrases:

    • "Hey Heather, do you know what this feels like?" "What, Garth?" "It feels like VICTORYYYYY!" (this also translates well to craps)

    • "A push is a win!!"

    • "A push is a win because it buys you DRINKING TIME!"

    • "Bonus money is the sweeeeeeeetest money"

    • "Time to get my [paigow] game face on!"

    • "geez, I have four of everything which makes a lot of NOTHING", prompting me to start calling hands where I have 4 to a flush and 4 to a straight a "garth".

    • "Paigow is very good to my liver, and yet, very very bad to my liver, too"

    • "Wait! I need a control hand! Let's use the scientific method here!"


...Then I decided we must play craps (we've made it to Saturday evening or so now), as the IP lowered the min bet to $5. And you know who is always up for the dice? That's right ladies, Joe Speaker. And his lovely lady also is a fan. Garth insisted he didn't want to play, but tagged along to watch. This began what I like to say, the corruption of Garth, or "craps is the new paigow."
[to be continued...]

7 Comments:

At 12:09 PM, Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

MEEEEEEEEEEEEE! heh. It was fun and you kick ass in Pai Gow!

 
At 12:29 PM, Blogger Joe Speaker said...

"If I was allowed to speak to (Joe) right now, I would say something like, "Good roll."

It's funnier if you read it in an Australian accent.

Miss you already.

 
At 2:17 PM, Blogger Tommy said...

Glasses Down!

I totally forgot about Elaine. That was the single coolest thing I've ever seen from a pit boss, and I live here.

 
At 2:23 PM, Blogger Garthmeister J. said...

If you want to know
If he loves you so
It's in his kiss....
That's where it is!

 
At 3:40 PM, Blogger GaryC said...

It's definitely in his kiss.

Ironman gave it up on the flight home, but with fantastic memories. Thanks so much for hanging out and for the Pai Gow tips. Who knew a push is good?

Was truly my pleasure.

G

 
At 11:26 AM, Blogger DrChako said...

Great seeing you again, even if you did throw money at me.

I TOLD you I had no idea what I was doing!

-DrC

 
At 8:27 AM, Blogger TrueDub said...

I'm impressed you remembered me - thank you for making a stranger feel welcome. I promise I won't repeat the "prescription windscreen" story to anyone!

Irish Jim

 

Post a Comment

<< Home