Thursday, January 26, 2006

The state of the poker

I haven't been updating much, as I've been rather "blah" on poker for the last few weeks. I've been playing a little bit here and there - mostly the Marshmallow Peep Sex tournaments on FTP, and then a few $10,500 and $16,000 guarantees when I have the tokens, but I have not had the successes that facty or gracie or even Joe Speaker have had in these.

I've also been playing in the Turbo PLO8 (yes you read that right) tournies on stars, and I am not having nearly the success rate that Drizz has, which could be explained by the fact that O8 is his game and not mine, but it's discouraging nonetheless. This is not helping my bankroll any at all.

I've also been watching helixx crush the SnGs on Party and Full Tilt, and while he'll tell you he's not crushing them because he's not winning, I'll tell you a 10 out of 12 ITM rate is 'crushing' to me. And I'm envious because I do not have that win rate - I am not nearly as good as he is in the SnG realm.

Which leaves live play, and the weather has been sucking, so I haven't been playing much there, either. I've made the decision that playing on Friday night is generally -EV for me - the games are too wild and crazy, the $400 game doesn't open because the $1000 min game generally goes instead - so I went and played on Saturday night instead. I was at the fishiest table ever, and I should have left when I was a $1300 winner, instead of with the $700 profit I did leave with - the $1300 would have helped the bankroll quite a bit, and when I was up about that much, the sharks saw my fish and started invading my table. That should have been my cue to leave, but I didn't, because it was 'too early' to go home.

I really need to work on willpower and leaving when the niggling intuition tells me to leave, instead of by my watch and my desire to keep playing.

I hear that's called 'stoploss', huh? Plus, there's always a game online to play if I want to go that route, too.

3 Comments:

At 10:50 AM, Blogger peacecorn said...

Hey now. You have won 8 out of 10 Peep Sex SnGs. That's crushing them!

And I have yet to win ONE PEEP!

 
At 1:37 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

That's a lot of tokens!

I'm only 1 for 4 on those.

Let me know when you're doing more PLO8 turbos, I'll rail and see if I could make a few suggestions, or if its just variance. You kicked my ass pretty good on Monday ;)

 
At 9:19 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

True, you could always play a PLO tournament and record another long blog about it...
OR you could help your railbird buddy pokerpeaker and answer some questions about live play.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home