Monday, January 02, 2006

2006 begins with a junk kicking

An interesting site that I was directed to by poker_snobs: Is Online Poker Safe. I haven't read anything there but it seems interesting.

It looks like 2006 will be filled with overcoming junk-kicking, if yesterday was any indication. I got knocked out of the big HORSE tourney in 90 minutes thanks to misplaying one hand, though my railbirds said I played the tourney well. Then I proceeded to drop a couple buyins at various sites playing kiddie poker by getting rivered like the nile is in style. OOF.

But that's all part of the maturing process. Here's a question I have: For those of you with multiple computers, how do you use poker tracker? Do you share databases somehow? I may have gotten my file sharing working at home so that may start to be an option - map the tower to a drive on the laptop. Anyway, just curious how all you geeks manage it.

Also, seriously, if you haven't gotten gizmo, do so. It's probably one of the funniest things to listen to people play poker online. srsly.

6 Comments:

At 1:12 PM, Blogger brdweb said...

I've got gizmo. Haven't gotten much of a chance to use it yet though.

 
At 4:51 PM, Blogger jremotigue said...

I use Poker Tracker on my home PC and laptop (when I'm on the road). All I do is copy the Access db's from one to the other after a session.

 
At 7:45 PM, Blogger Heather said...

Ugh the problem with that though is i randomly use one or the other, so I'd like them to share the same DB - I don't take one to go travelling, except travelling upstairs :)

 
At 12:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm moving my db to a USB flash drive. I bounce between several machines, travel a lot and my db is about 700MB, so I think that's the most useful.

 
At 12:28 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I was gonna ask the same question now that I got my laptop.

Figured a flash drive would be the easiest to use since my computer abilities consist of being able to turn it on and use a mouse.

 
At 1:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

instead of copying the DB, i only copy the hands histories - prior to importing them. plus, moving the DB will get tougher as it gets bigger. i have about 50K hands in mine now and it is pretty large (Access is a pig, and i am too lazy to port it to SQL Server.)

i was using a USB key till it died - so my PSP is acting as backup.

;-)

-->bcd

 

Post a Comment

<< Home