Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Pokerstars FT replay

$500,000 Guaranteed Final Table Replay
By Brad "Otis" Willis
Want to see how PokerStars players win the big money? Tuesday and Wednesday, PokerStars will replay the final table of the January 8th $500,000 Guaranteed final table with most of the hole cards face-up! Now you can watch the big money PokerStars tournament just like it's on TV. The January 8 event will replay January 17-18 from 12pm-8pm ET. Click on Tourney/Special to watch today.



Weird. I'm watching now, and it is really very cool to see the number of bluffs, espeically short-handed, but I can't help but wonder: if I made the final table, would I want to have all my hole cards shown?

... still, it's pretty dang interesting

6 Comments:

At 1:23 PM, Blogger Bill said...

They had to get permission from those involved to do that, right?

And the answer is, no, not without being compensated would I want my game shown like that.

 
At 2:15 PM, Blogger TripJax said...

chilly, i'd say if you sign up to a tournament that is titled replay tournament that would probably be permission enough. I actually played in one of these a while back and I never recall giving permission other than just signing up for the tourney. good question though...

maigrey, i never did watch the table from the tournament i played in as i got knocked out and forgot, but i think i will check this one out when i get home. thanks for the heads up!

 
At 8:23 AM, Blogger Bill said...

Well if I knew before I signed up of course I am giving implicit permission. I just assumed from the post that it wasn't disclosed before hand.

 
At 8:37 AM, Blogger Heather said...

I think they did get permission as only 5 out of the 9 players allowed their hands to be shown...

 
At 9:38 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

There's a $5 shootout tourney on Stars that says...

If you make the final table, your hole card will be shown blah blah blah at such-and-such a time.

I'd like to check that play out.

 
At 10:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I watched it too and I was wondering about the same thing: would I want (possible) opponents to see my hole cards? I guess not.

As for the permission thing: I guess it's either implicit permission given when entering the tournament (so you would have to object the showing of your hole cards) or the other way around (you gotta give permission)...as most cards where shown and some weren't...so I guess that those players objected showing their cards?!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home