Monday, June 06, 2005

WBPT update part II

Part I - Wednesday and Thursday

Friday:
  • Wake up, head over to the Rio to check out event #2

  • Get there as they’re breaking and try swimming upstream

  • Run into my buddy from Trump, TomJeff and find out where he’s sitting

  • Find out Joe Speaker just got busted out, go find Bobby Bracelet and watch him for a while

  • Spot John Juanda, Devilfish, Evelyn Ng, Annie Duke, among others

  • Try and get picture of blogger with “Jopke” hat behind Phil Hellmuth

  • Watch Eva, April and Hank eat lunch

  • Head back to tournament room, meet BadBlood and Mrs. Blood, G-Rob and Mrs. G-Rob

  • Laugh as BadBlood sends the Mrs. to get pictures of the ESPN final table setup and she comes back with pictures of herself with Evelyn Ng and David Williams

  • Cheer on Otis, and watch Bobby B get moved to TomJeff’s table

  • Meet up with SolidMike from Trump as well, just as he busts out

  • Decide to go grab lunch with the Bloods and the G-Robs and Pauly, Derek and crowd

  • Debate playing NL at Rio, figure that it would suck to pay for drinks

  • Head over to the Bellagio to play, and give Kristie and Beth a lift to the strip since I’m headed that way anyway

  • Find out the list at Bellagio is spectacularly long, but meet up with Glenn from Trump and hang out for a bit

  • Give up on the Bellago for the day, and head over to the Excalibur to meet up with folks

  • Play a little bit of NL holdem, end up making $20 or so before heading over to the $2-$6 blogger table

  • Take down first straddle, blind raise, blind cap hand with AQo from the cutoff, thank you CJ

  • Decide I need to buy a tiara with the straddle winnings, but the one in the case is too heavy for my fine hair

  • Continue to win every hand CJ straddles

  • Mock CJ for folding top pair to a raise, as the turn gives him 2 pair and the river gives him a full house

  • Show CJ my skills with playing 75o as he stays in with top pair despite my smoke bets

  • Get sucked out on by the Geek with his K3 of clubs that he raised with preflop, losing my second buyin

  • Just as I bust out, Kristie, Beth and Michelle (Mrs. Otis) swing by and ask if I want to go ride the New York, New York rollercoaster and I say damn straight!

  • Make Geek pay for my $12 roller coaster ride to soothe his guilt for busting out a girl (man I love being a girl)

  • Almost pee in my pants laughing as Michelle gets the 16 year old punk ride operator to not start the ride in a way only Michelle could after she gets her safety restraints set in a most UNSAFE manner

  • Decided I most definitely needed a tiara, and Michelle emphatically agreed and she needed one, too

  • Spent the best $4.29 of the whole trip on a tiara, and Michelle and I descended upon the poker room with Kristie and Beth

  • Tried playing some more NL poker, complete with tiara, but got bored (!!) and cashed out

  • Watched Hank, BadBlood, G-Rob, and CJ and Otis play 4/8 and watched CJ get quads with the hammer and chase some woman away

  • Ate at Sherwood forest with Hank, Hank’s coworker, the Grub, Iggy, and CJ AND CHRISHAL

  • Also, paid CJ in advance for the tournament so I could Phil Hellmuth it if I needed to do such a thing

  • Came back to the poker room as Otis was cashing out and twisted his arm to go play PaiGow

  • Still wearing the tiara, I became the PaiGow princess as I taught Otis a thing or two about strategy

  • However, pissing the roulette folks off by yelling “PAIGOW!!” as loud as possible when the dealer got Paigow was all him

  • Despite our offers of buying the dealers a tiara if we hit the 5 aces jackpot, we probably dropped $20 in the stupid tax slot

  • Despite that, I ended up $25 at the game. 2 for 2 babyeeeeee!

  • Said my goodbyes and crawled into bed about 5 am and had my wakeup call set for 8:30 am. Extra 30 min of sleep, bayyybeee!