Monday, May 23, 2005

Perhaps I set my sights a little too low...

... as I already made my yearly poker winning goal as of this weekend. I'm a little stunned. Needless to say, the trip to Vegas is now paid for.

I also have a slew of stories to tell, as well including:
  • Proof that live poker is RIGGED (or, even bad players can have horseshoes stuck up their horseshoes)

  • Folding the hilton sisters to a stupid maniac on a ten high board (although in my defense I didn't know he was stupid at the time)

  • Having all the people on the "executive board" find out that I play poker and them being inordinately impressed by it

  • Finding out that I play much better on 3 hours of sleep and with diminshed math skills

  • Being told that I am someone's hero, and she really meant it

  • Causing some guy to go outside and talk to himself after he lost a hand to me

  • Finding out that my large chip stack was all because I was "getting good hands", because, you know - the cards always PLAY THEMSELVES.

  • More proof that live poker is RIGGED (or, yes, Virginia, bad players exist in live poker too and call down their gutshot backdoor flush draws)


I think this is going to be a multi-part series, but I'm not sure when I'm going to get the first installment out, as I have actual WORK to do, and (hopefully) the HOE game to play in tonight, so I'll just have to leave you with the above as a teaser for now.