Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Just a short weekend poker update

Before I start - i was reading a blog the other day that was talking about Poker Edge, and for the life of me i can't find it again - anyone reading this know which one that was by chance?

It's kind of been crazy in the poker world - I tried out the "other" poker room for their $200 min / $500 max NL game, and it was seriously just like playing on party poker! I'm probably going to be playing there much more often, especially if the "big" game at Trump goes up to the "crazy monkey game" (henceforth referred to as the CMG) of $10/$25 blinds with $1000 min buy in, which generally becomes $10/$25/$100 when BBQ raises.

I did play at Trump on Saturday in their $200 max NL game, and despite getting quads TWICE in the night, ended up considerably down because of two stupid stupid stupid plays. One, I thought a friend of mine was making a move on me and I didn't put him on the A when there were two As on the board and I hit the baby side of the full house, and then two, moving all in when I made a straight and the board was paired (and the guy turned a full house which rivered into quads). Both times, thanks to me being me, the people who took my money didn't WANT to take my money, I just ended up giving it to them wrapped up with a bow.

On a personal note, I think I'm going to not be playing live for at least a week, maybe two - I need to get some personal things in order and when I go play, I end up staying way too late - I have a hard time leaving the boats, especially when I'm stuck, and it's been messing with my sleep schedule and my social life, so poker is going to be online or not at all for at LEAST this weekend.

The good news is a couple of the regular big game players are beginning to realize that the CMG is probably going to burn itself out, because the guy who is the driving force behind the CMG is going to go broke sooner rather than later, since the increased stakes give him an increased donking off his chips rate, and when he dries up, there will be no one to fill his spot. The "big" game had dried up 6 months ago, and had only started again because some of the baby limit players had 'graduated' to be able to play the bigger one; a jump from $200 max to $400 min is not as big as the jump from $200 to $1000, and the baby limit graduaters are going to go across the street to play the $200 min / $500 max party poker game, and I'll be there to play with them, too, if the game doesn't go back to the $400 min.

I don't actually want to go play at Harrah's, as it not nearly as good of a room as Trump (no windows, worse dealers, etc etc), but that's where the game I can play is, and that's where the action is, sadly.

In other news, Trump did get a little write up in pplayer.com, which was nice to see.